Title: Senior Accountant – Los Angeles, California
Department: Finance – Los Angeles, California
Reports to: Controller – Los Angeles, California
About the Company: Martifer Solar USA employees are a diverse mix of energetic, ambitious, and talented professionals who enjoy the rewards and challenges of working for one of the fastest growing companies in the solar industry.
Job Objective: The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
▪ Lead Month, Quarter and Year-end Close Activities, including journal entry preparation
▪ Lead implementation and documentation of internal controls, recommend improvements as necessary
▪ Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures for accounting related functions
▪ Work collaboratively across functions to gather relevant data
▪ Perform detailed account analyses, identifies account misstatements and courses of action to correct
▪ Assure that all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and have adequate supporting schedules
▪ Perform Certified Payroll administration
▪ Perform and investigate variance analysis with Financial Planning & Analysis staff
▪ Ensure that detailed accounting documentation are compiled and maintained in support of relevant audit, legal, and regulatory requirements
▪ Prepare complete and accurate monthly financial statements in a timely fashion
▪ Tax Administrative duties
▪ Assist Accounts Receivable Specialist in collecting outstanding accounts receivable
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required, CPA preferred
▪ Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience with at least 2 years in an equivalent role in preferably Public companies
▪ Strong technical knowledge of GAAP and public company reporting requirements
▪ QuickBooks experience required
▪ Strong skills in MS Office ( Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint), must have knowledge of pivot tables and v-lookup. SAP system experience a plus.
▪ Strong communication skills
▪ Strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills
▪ Ability to set priorities and work independently
▪ Strong team work ethic
Interested candidates may apply below or send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martifer Solar USA is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to an Affirmative Action Program. Pursuant to its Affirmative Action Program, Martifer Solar USA ensures and commits that all applicants and current employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability (actual or perceived), genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.